Arthur’s Seat in Edinburgh
Dancing up in Gurten
The Gurten is Bern’s local mountain. It stands at 860 meters over sea level and can be accessed by train or by foot. The mountaintop offers a fantastic view across the entire city of Bern. The view extends even further from the Gurten’s observation tower.
But that’s not all. The Gurten is also a delight for children. The little ones can live it up on the playground and miniature railway. Bigger visitors can also have their share of the fun – on the Gurten’s own toboggan run, newly opened in 2016.
Flex in Vienna
That Shot at Charles Bridge in Prague
Växthuset at Skansen
Next to Skånegården and Fjärilsträdgården lies Skansen’s two greenhouses. They are both of the Swedish Greenhouse model and are approximately 22 square meters and 26 square meters respectively.
Skansen: The world’s oldest open-air museum
Skansen is a favorite both among Stockholmers and visitors passing through, and it’s a perfect family outing. This is the oldest open-air museum in the world and also the Stockholm zoo, with animals native to Scandinavia.
Skansen is beautifully located on Royal Djurgården and sports spectacular views over all of Stockholm. This is also a Sweden in miniature. 150 farms and dwellings from different parts of the country were disassembled and transported here. Swedish traditions such as Midsummer, Walpurgis Night and Lucia are celebrated at Skansen.
Veronica Maggio at Södra Teatern
Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church
The Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church (in German: Kaiser-Wilhelm-Gedächtniskirche, but mostly just known as Gedächtniskirche [ɡəˈdɛçtnɪsˈkɪʁçə]) is a Protestant church affiliated with the Evangelical Church in Berlin, Brandenburg and Silesian Upper Lusatia, a regional body of the Evangelical Church in Germany. It is located in Berlin on the Kurfürstendamm in the centre of the Breitscheidplatz.
The original church on the site was built in the 1890s. It was badly damaged in a bombing raid in 1943. The present building, which consists of a church with an attached foyer and a separate belfry with an attached chapel, was built between 1959 and 1963. The damaged spire of the old church has been retained and its ground floor has been made into a memorial hall.
The Memorial Church today is a famous landmark of western Berlin, and is nicknamed by Berliners “der hohle Zahn”, meaning “the hollow tooth”.